This week, I’m going to take some time to give some shout outs in regards to Reflections of Soul. I just want to give the love back that was (and still is) shown to me.
Today I talk “All Authors Blog Blitz”.
Originally Eclectic was supposed to come out first. I didn’t even consider publishing Reflections of Soul until March 2013. Once it premiered I was a fish out of water.
Where could I start with even spreading the word about this work? (That thinking man looks calm but I was in the five stages of panic.)
I remember when the All Authors Support Group was on Goodreads. The group was one of the few I encountered that was somewhat active. You would think that wouldn’t be so special; however there are so many organizations out there who have the numbers but no interaction whatsoever. To find a place that skewed away from that architecture was wonderful to me.
If it wasn’t for my participation in the All Authors Blog Blitz, Reflections of Soul would not have gotten as much exposure or as much success. It had been about seven years since I had actively published anything, and the writing world had changed significantly.
After the All Authors Blog Blitz was over, the support didn’t disappear with it. Y. Correa and I remained in touch after the event. She is a tireless beacon of support, and I am so thankful and blessed for all the doors that opened up for me as a result of being a part of this event and knowing her.
Almost a year later, I have achieved so much:
- Reflections of Soul
- The Eclectic Collection
- Spaded Truths: Themes and Proclamations
- Private Pain: Amidst These Ashes
- One poetry anthology (not counting Soulful Branches): Words of Fire and Ice
- A short story anthology on the way (Summer Shorts II by Durham Editing and Ebooks)
- Smashwords Best Selling Author Status (Words of Fire and Ice)
- Amazon Best Selling Author Status (Private Pain: Amidst These Ashes)
- Recently appointed editor at ReadWave